Sunday, April 27, 2008

"The only time you will toss a coin to make a decision is marriage.. there is no past data" -My Statistics Professor ISB

Today was my last pre-term class and the end to an intense week.. yes i didn't have a weekend and that is quite hard for us aussies to swallow.. after years of bludging on the weekend my brain got a shock when it was asked to sit in 10 hours of lectures just over two days.. all in all i sat through 36 hours of lectures this week and many more hours of homework and club activities:) .. The maths class had a whole semester of maths crammed into 14 hours and then there was statistics and accounting.. Although i can't claim to have become an accountant , a statistician and least of all a mathematician I can now certainly claim to know just what i don't know about these subjects :) .. first step to knowledge i guess is knowing that you don't know .. I have to say it was totally worth it for me .. this preamble gives me an idea of the fun times ahead .. no i'm not sadistic and no i don't like to work on weekends .. so here is why i enjoyed it..

The amazing teachers .. all three of the teachers were inspiring .. they had the ability to keep us engaged and interested in subjects which would otherwise be painful to complete. They explained concepts with real world problems and they kept the humor going. I have been taught in different education systems and I would rate each of these teachers amongst the best.. each of them had different styles yet you could tell that they were here cause they loved to teach..

By the laws of probability if this is the sample set, and 3 out of the 3 were inspiring. The probability that the coming year is going to be a great learning experience is extremely high :)

2 comments:

Ritu Kohli said...

Mita, I couldn't agree more...these profs were great. Hope its like this the whole year:)

Mita said...

@ritu
Amen to that..