Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Namaskaaram... from the city of Nizams

Namaskaaram (aka 'Hello' in Telegu) from the city of Nizams. Sorry guys its been a while .. was finding my feet (and a good internet connection) in hyderabad. Landed safely and soundly at the new hyderabad airport. Pretty nice airport although it looked a bit unused and unoiled at the moment.. as the luggage starting coming out my two pieces of luggage were the first to roll out i wasn't even ready with the trolley yet.. but i take it as a good omen as i have never been that lucky at the luggage carousels:) .. so far it has been an enjoyable stay ..here are some highlights.
  • My cousin had a house party the first night i arrived.. cooked some good food and had lots of chit chat, so my first night in hyderabad was a party night, , what more can I say :)

  • Hyderabad is much greener and cleaner than i had imagined. Love the trees that they have grown everywhere. Even the road dividers have huge trees and lush green grass.

  • The weather (something that i was dreading) has been unusually cool here. It has rained the two days and there has been a cool breeze blowing. I have even seen lightening. Couldn't have asked for anything more :)

  • Celebrated telegu new year 'Ugadi' on Monday. It certainly is going to be a 'new' year.

  • Already got my hands on some authentic Andra food. Went to place called 'Chutneys' which is supposed to be quite famous. This is the thali that i ate there ;) .. hope to write a restaurant review soon. (I looked like such a silly tourist when i was taking photos of the food at this restaurant ;)


  • I visited the ISB and SV2. The guards at the gate were very polite and let me go in to check it out. The place was deserted so had a bit of an eary feel to it. Think there was a bit of maintenance work going on .. getting ready for the class of 2009.
  • Visited a supermarket here called 'Q' mart in Bangara hills. It had everything i get back home so i was really happy. Found all my favourite food including my favourite chocolates.. everytime i get home sick 'Q' mart it is..
  • Drank fresh coconut water everyday ..

I'm sure this is just the begining of many adventures here in this city...

2 comments: