Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fasten your seat belts ....


As I fasten my seat belt on the plane tomorrow it will feel more like fastening my belt on a roller coaster. My current emotions are very close to those just before a big roller coaster ride, when they lock the bars and fasten your belts, only this is ten fold of that feeling.Feeling excited and scared at the same time. There is just no looking back now. The adrenaline is starting to rush through the body and well the mind can no longer think straight .. I know i wanted to sit on this ride, now looking at the track ahead it seems pretty daunting. I couldn't get much sleep last night, don't know what time zone i'm operating on but its not an earthly time zone.

Today i decided to empty my piggy bank (which was full of change) and exchange it for chocolates to fill the last bit of space in my suitcase . I always knew i was saving that for a worthwhile cause and what better cause than chocolate. I picked up my favorite lindt dark chocolates, some gummi bears, cherry ripe and trolli lollies. SV2 block 'I' will be on a constant sugar high :)

Thanks to all my friends that have wished me good luck not just for the year ahead but also for the plane trip, some hoping that i get a cute co-passenger (it hasn't happened in the 100+ odd flights I've taken but if i keep flying the law of probability should be on my side ;)

I am going to miss home and everything about it but hope to make the most of this ride.

Fingers crossed, my next post will be from Hyderabad city!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be happy to share some of that chocolate... see i'm being nice here... too much chocolate cant be good for u... right? :)

-Saurabh

Mita said...

@saurabh
Anytime..