Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Its an honor

I needed to write a blog entry today. The journey that started off approximately 8 weeks ago from the other side of the equator took a new turn. I was elected as a Director for Alumni Affairs in today's Student board council elections. Even i'm lost for words (and that is something). All i can say is that its a great honor to be representing the Class of 2009 on the student board. Its also humbling cause my fellow students have put a great deal of faith in me and I hope to do the best I can. The journey at the ISB has just got a whole lot more interesting and a whole lot more intense. A year ago i would not in my wildest dreams have thought i would be sitting in India, in my quad at the ISB, have my own blog and be writing a blog entry about being elected.

I would like to say a big thank you to my study group who are like my family here. They encouraged me to stand for the position and showed a lot of faith. Thanks to everyone else that also supported me .. and before this blog entry gets too mushy let me sign off .... will keep you posted on life at the ISB.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mita!

Debottam said...

You will do perfectly fine..we are honoured to have a director of GSB in our study group...:)
But yaa its been a great journey for you and I am sure there is lots many interesting things to come..hint hint

Mita said...

@Savio

Thanks for your wishes.

Will be in touch shortly.

@Debo
Thanks dude..
All of you will be on this journey with me :)

Bornloser said...

absolutely fantastic performance... chocolates were great. Moral Hazard: I had three of them :(

CRD said...

hey congrats!! :)

Kaustubh said...

congrats...!!

Kaustubh said...

congrats...!!

Mita said...

@ Prashant
Most welcome :) I think the class was in need of chocolate that morning going by the amount of people asleep :)

@Kaustubh, @CRD
Thanks for your wishes

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mita!!!

Hope study has been progressing well. Your blog remains quiet for the last couple of weeks - the examz must have kicked in.

Saqib.