Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Solstice 2008 .... Backstage

Sorry friends for not blogging from quite some time....The story goes something like this.. For the last couple of months (and over the next month or so) i have been busy organising a three day event here on Campus. It's the ISB Alumni reunion - 'Solstice'

It is hard to imagine the hours of effort that goes into organising an event of this size. It will go for three days and will have close to 1000 people participating.. throughout the three days there are many many fun things planned..
This year we are having to put our blood, sweat and tears into raising funds (yes, raising funds is part of the deal), me and my team really feel the liquidity crisis.
However , organising an event like this is a real life class room and I'm sure one of the greatest experiences me and my team will take with us, so many opportunities to learn and to make friends.

We have to invite a celebrity speaker, try to see if we can get a rock band for a concert and plan many many more activities on a shoe string budget this year..
The theme for this year we have decided is 'Heroes - The homecoming' in times like this we all have to find the hero within ourself (okay okay I now that it is getting a bit mushy)..



There are still a million and one things to do and my day usually starts off with making 10 calls to sponsors and touching base with my team to see just how much work lies ahead for the day.. i quickly run to class try to switch to student mode..see what assignments i need to complete before night fall .. in all of this we continue to see how to push the organising along... just this morning i found out that one of the main venues that we needed was booked for something else.. so there was a lot of running around before that fire was faught... one other sponsorship prospect went from green to red.. not a good feeling but will keep on keeping on :) .. my friends tell me that the only word they hear from my mouth these days is Solstice and that when I have my first kid maybe i should name it Solstice (now thats not funny ;).

The best part is that I have a great team of people and we all lift each others spirits when it all seems like too much to handle.. We are all learning and living it together..

Hope to see all the Alumni fly down this year with their capes on to be part of the event and celebrate with us....

Will keep you posted as the event takes shape.... http://www.isb.edu/Solstice

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mita,

Hv been follwing ur blogs since some time..

Wondering how you get time to do the Solistice preps in midst of ISB pressure and the placement season hot like the sun. Anyways, have fun.. and... "Solistice" is not a bad name ;-)